Re: [anjuta-list] How to: Configure multiple compile targets

Hi,

On 25/10/2012 11:22, Arnel A. Borja wrote:
I was also surprised when I can't create a new one, since I sometimes do
that before. I'm currently using the latest stable release, 3.6.0.

I will try to fix this.

Yes, or at least make it look like "separated". The "Configuration:"
label is in bold font while the "Environment Variables:" label is under
it, making it look like they are local to each configuration.

Ok.

Though it would be nice if the default project files (usually just the
configure.ac file and Makefile's) support Windows by default. Some
linker options and other things are necessary to be added to those files
to make applications compile and look native in Windows, like detecting
if we are compiling for native Windows (not a Unix emulation
environment, like Cygwin), adding -no-undefined to linker flags when
compiling for Windows, adding -mwindows if the target is a GUI
application and compiling for native Windows, adding Windows resources
for program icons, etc. You could check the sources of Glade and other
GNOME applications that support Windows for more example.

I'm not sure that Gtk 3 is working correctly on Windows so I don't think it makes sense to add this to all project wizard templates. But indeed one sample of a command program would be nice and quite easy to write. Do you know other example?

I actually don't use the defaults created by Anjuta when I create a new
project, since usually I need to compile for Windows; I just copy from
my other projects. With the same reason, I edit those files manually too.

I think editing those files manually is probably the best solution as it would be difficult to write a GUI for all autotools features.