Re: [anjuta-list] 'Run program' stops working after a while - Debug program continues

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:54:59 +0200
Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:

> So you get this issue on version 3.0.x and 3.2, isn't it?

Yes - correct.

> I have never seen this here. Anjuta tries to recompile the program if
> possible so the execution could fail if the program cannot be rebuild
> but it's the same logic for starting a debug session.

The problem is not the rebuilding. The program is actually compiled,
but then, for some reason, is not started.

> Could you check that in Run->Program Parameter you get the right
> program? Could you try to change it to another program and check if you
> can run it without restarting Anjuta.

Yep... Configured correctly. I just arrived home, and will test this a
little later tonight.

> Else the notification of failure during the execution is a bit lacking.
> I think I have tried to fix it but I think it was during the string
> freeze period so I haven't added any dialog. Could you recompile Anjuta
> from git if I commit a change or send you a patch?

Neither (git or patch) is a problem. The failure happened today with
another machine at the university. It was in the midst of classes, so I
couldn't sit down and debug the problem...

Cheers,
John