Re: [anjuta-list] 'Run program' stops working after a while - Debug program continues

Hi,

Le 29/09/2011 06:22, John Coppens a écrit :
Maybe I'm doing something wrong... I first experienced the problem with
the 3.0.x version of Anjuta, and installed 3.2 to test it there.

After a while, editing/compiling/running, for some reason the 'Run
program' doesn't work anymore. The 'Run' menu shows the program isn't
running anymore. Compilation works, but clicking on 'Run' doesn't do
anything at all.

Running a debug session still functions normally though, and at no time
stopped.

The only way to re-enable 'Run' is to restart Anjuta.

Any ideas?

So you get this issue on version 3.0.x and 3.2, isn't it?

I have never seen this here. Anjuta tries to recompile the program if possible so the execution could fail if the program cannot be rebuild but it's the same logic for starting a debug session.

Could you check that in Run->Program Parameter you get the right program? Could you try to change it to another program and check if you can run it without restarting Anjuta.

Else the notification of failure during the execution is a bit lacking. I think I have tried to fix it but I think it was during the string freeze period so I haven't added any dialog. Could you recompile Anjuta from git if I commit a change or send you a patch?