Re: [anjuta-list] Explain to me "other file"?

Hi,

Le 22/03/2011 15:20, Paul Elliott a écrit :
I note a library project has these "other file" thingies, but I can't find any
documentation about "other file".

There is no documentation about this. I think it corresponds to the file put in the EXTRA_DIST variable. These files will be put in the tar package of your project even if they don't appear as source file on any target.

I have one .c file that #includes another .c file. I know; I did not write this
code! But I do not want to modify the source; so I can not rename it to a .h.
I am thinking about writting an explict rule for this .lo that would explictly
list the other .c file as a dependancy.
Where would the .lo go? Into "other file" of the library?

I think the dependencies will be taken automatically into account without doing anything. I think gcc will find that the first .c file include the other one even if it has a .c extension.

Adding your .c file in the EXTRA_DIST is probably useful though to make sure that it is included in the installation package.

Does anyone have an example where because of an unusual situation one had to
write an explict rule for an .lo?
Could I see an example of this in anjuta?

anjuta is using autotools, you can check for more documentation about autotools or look at another project having the same issue.

Note that we know that the current project functions of anjuta are confusing. We are working on it, in the new version 3.0, the project manager has been almost completely rewritten and it should be easier to use but we could have a few regressions and it's not perfect.