Re: [anjuta-list] How to make a GNOME project?

Hi Nikolay!

> I would like to make a new empty GNOME project and to add later one some
> GUI with Glade but the project wizard in Anjuta gives me only this options
> (see the attached picture)

Please don't attach (big) pictures to mailing list posts because those
messages are held in the moderation queue. If you need to submit an image,
use something like imagebin (a pastebin for images).

> Which type of project should I use in order to achieve my intentions?
> What do "Anjuta Plugin" and "GNOME Applet" stand for?
> Is there in the Web any detailed info about these different kind of
> project options?

I think there are tooltips when you hover over the icons. Anyway, we
should probabably make this more clear in the user interface.

Basically choose "Gtk+-2.0" for a GNOME project. GNOME doesn't have it's
individual UI libraries anymore but uses the Gtk+ infrastructure with some
additional libaries.

To completely answer your question: "Anjuta Plugin" is for creating a
plugin for anjuta itself, you most likely won't need it. "GNOME Applet" is
an little program that lives in the gnome-panel but as those don't exist
in GNOME 3.0 they will go away.