[anjuta-list] Confusing VTE, and other issues

Hi all...

(First of all, I'm sending this from an alternate e-mail, as my
customary mail got blocked by the UCEPROTECT blacklist. It seems a
single mail originated from that IP - not mine, my domain provider's -,
and caused the blacklisting...)

------- Issue with VTE
I was trying to compile Anjuta 3.0.0.0 (enough 0s?) and got:

configure: error: Package requirements (vte-2.90 >= 0.27.6) were not
met:

There was no vte-2.90 source code to be found (though some distros do
seem to have 2.90-packages).

So, I installed 0.28.0 (latest vte version) but that didn't work
either. So I guess it has to be 0.27.90 _exactly_? Nope, doesn't work
either.

Well, last resort, consult the webpage and READMEs...

The web page doesn't indicate dependencies for 3.0.0 - it's still on
2.x for Anjuta...

... And the 3.0.0 README, doesn't even mention vte as a dependency
(either req'd or optional)

SOLUTION: checking configure, it seems vte-2.90.pc is required. let's
rename vte.pc to that...

(To add to the version numbering confusion, the actual libs are called
libvte.so.9.2800.0)

----------- Issue with recent projects:
Anjuta starts! (VERY fast). A bit strange: 'Recent projects' on the
intro page are different from ones in 'Open recent' (which are correct).

Tried to load a recent project:

GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings
will not be saved or shared with other applications.

** (anjuta:29551): WARNING **: couldn't communicate with gnome keyring
daemon via dbus: Method "GetSocketPath" with signature "" on interface
"org.gnome.keyring.Daemon" doesn't exist

** (anjuta:29551): WARNING **: couldn't communicate with gnome keyring
daemon via dbus: Method "GetSocketPath" with signature "" on interface
"org.gnome.keyring.Daemon" doesn't exist

Segmentation fault

The first error (GIO) was eliminated by installing dconf.

I can't find any solution to the last two errors though. There are a
few reports on identical errors, but I couldn't locate a solution.

John