Re: [anjuta-list] Use of GSettings

Hi!

> I have port anjuta-extras to use GSettings, so I can use Scintilla again
> with the latest version of Anjuta.

Thanks! Likely that I break it rather soon with the gtk+3 port though
but Massimo talked to the scintilla maintainer and he promised a gtk+3
version.

> The document manager display the zoom value. The zoom value is defined
> in the document manager plugin and the document get it using:
> 	g_settings_get_int (plugin->settings, TEXT_ZOOM_FACTOR);
>
> This value is set by Scintilla. In the Scintilla plugin, I set and get
> this value using a GSettings object created with the schema
> corresponding to the document manager
> "org.gnome.anjuta.document-manager". But it seems that the document
> manager doesn't get the right value.
>
> Is it enough to use same schema name to share some settings ? Or should
> I use the same GSettings object ?

I do that with some values for the sourceview plugin, too  and it seems
to work. So, I think this is the right the way you did it.

The GSettings object is just a thin wrapper without any real
information. When you create three GSettings objects with the same
schema they should all access the same backend.