Re: [anjuta-list] A case of a newbie, Anjunta 2.30.1.0 & Ubuntu 10.4 LTS

Hi!

> Two areas, in particular, that have me baffled is 1) I'm unable to
> select project types before the window disappears & 2) at times the
> "compile" tab is greyed out even after I've saved the project.

1) Sorry, you have to give us some more informations. Which windows,
what are you doing, step by step?

2) That usually means that your project isn't configured fully.

In general, try the following:

* New->Project, Select "General" from the "C" tab. Leave everyting else
as default, you can change the project directory if you like.

* Open src/main.c from the file browser, should be a simple "Hello
World" example.

* Build->Build, this should build your project cleanly, if not, give the
exact error message.

* You should be able to use Run->Run program now and it should give you
some "Hello World" output in the integrated terminal.

From now, you can start adjusting the source in main.c for more complex
example.

You should also think about reading a more modern book on C or one that
is more in tutorial style.