[anjuta-list] A case of a newbie, Anjunta 2.30.1.0 & Ubuntu 10.4 LTS

Hello,

I've been trying to code simple programs in C with Anjunta for the last
week but they just won't fly.
My real problem is that there is a mountain of options in the program
but because the manual is silent on how, why & when to use them I've
become frustrated at achieving no success. So as a newbie I'm at the
stage of giving up but thats not really my form. I've googled for help
but most of what I see relates to older versions of the program and that
has left me even more confused.

Two areas, in particular, that have me baffled is 1) I'm unable to
select project types before the window disappears & 2) at times the
"compile" tab is greyed out even after I've saved the project.

What I really need is a template of the steps involved in coding C from
start to finish with Anjuntu. Is there such a template available?

Could someone please help me before I become a has-been before I've even
started. I'm using example ANSI C standard programs in the Sams "New C
Primer Plus" (2nd ed 1993).

Any help would be greatly appreciated to get me up & flying.

Thank You.