Re: [Anjuta-list] [anjuta - Help] Can't include mysql++.h

SourceForge.net wrote:
> Read and respond to this message at:
> https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=6926612
> By: bonystedt
>
> I have followed recommendations in anjuta manual chapter 4 Adding a library/With
> hardcoded library path.
> The project is called rec_ui2.
> I did the following:
> 1. in etc/ld.so.conf added this line: /usr/include/mysql++
> 2. in src/main.cc added: #include <mysql++.h>
> 3. in src/Makefile.am added 2 lines:
>         rec_ui2_LDFLAGS = -lmysql++
>         rec_ui2_CPPFLAGS = -I /usr/include/mysql++
>
> When compiling I still get the error message: mysql++.h no such file or
> directory.
> Please tell me what is wrong.
> Best regards
> Bo

I installed my own library I made a .pc.in file: libgzz.pc.in then I set
my automake to make libgzz.pc from that I set up auto make to install
the libgzz.pc file then in the project where I wished to use the library
I added the #include line for the header and in the
anjuta->Project->Properties ... ->Packages tab I selected the project
and clicked the "Add Package" button then my library was in the list
that pops up and in the libgzz.pc file was the correct flags i.e. in
libgzz.pc.in I have:

prefix= prefix@
exec_prefix= exec_prefix@
libdir= libdir@
includedir= includedir@

Name: libgzz
Requires: gtkmm-2.4
Version: @VERSION@
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgzz
Cflags: -I${includedir}/libgzz-0.1

which automake made into in libgzz.pc:

prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: libgzz
Requires: gtkmm-2.4
Version: 0.1.4
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgzz
Cflags: -I${includedir}/libgzz-0.1

automake uses this info to fined the right stuff
if you want to know how to set automake up to make the libgzz.pc file
and install it, please ask, I'll have to find the emails that helped me
they are in the achieves

--
  In my life God comes first.... but Linux is pretty high after that :-D
Grizzly(Francis Smit)