Re: [Anjuta-list] a

Sorry Sébastien, I replied to you and not the list. For the record at
the bottom of this message I said that I had made the changes without
making any difference. Subsequently I solved the problem and my
solution is next below:

It seems that I needed to 'regenerate' the Project. I went to
Build->Configure Project, then checked 'Regenerate Project', then
'Execute'. After that it compiled OK.

(At least I think it was that - I may have done something else in my fiddling!)

Cheers, and sorry for my confusion,

Cliff

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Cliff Pratt <enkiduonthenet gmail com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:
>> Hi Cliff,
>>
>> Cliff Pratt a écrit :
>>>
>>> How do I configure Anjuta to get round the following problem?
>>>
>>> Ubuntu 8.10, Anjuta 2:2.24.1-0ubuntu1, libsigc++ 2.0.18-2.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to compile the sigc sample program 'hello-world.cc' which
>>> is shown below.
>>>
>>> When I compile from the command line it compiles fine:
>>>  g++ -o foo anjuta-hello-world/src/main.cc `pkg-config --libs --cflags
>>> sigc++-2.0`
>>>
>>> When I compile it through Anjuta I get the following error:
>>> error: sigc++/sigc++.h: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> It seems obvious that I must make Anjuta 'aware' of sigc++ somehow,
>>> but the way to do it escapes me, even though I've delved through the
>>> menus and documentation.
>>
>> You should create an autotools project (you can do it with the wizard). Then
>> when the project is opened in Anjuta you need to do the following:
>> - Select Project->Properties->Package
>> - Click on Add Module
>> - Enter a name for the module doesn't matter that much
>> - Get the module selected and Click on Add Packet
>> - You should see your sigc++ library, to select it
>> - Your sigc++ should be include in your new module
>> - Close the window
>> - Select the project manager pane (on the left normally)
>> - Select your executable target
>> - Click with the right button to get a context menu
>> - Select Properties
>> - There is a list of available module here
>> - Select the one you have just created.
>> - Close the dialog and it should work
>>
>> It's possible that you have to select Project->Refresh after creating the
>> module.
>>
>> There is more information about project on Anjuta web site here:
>> http://anjuta.org/documentations/subpage/documents/C/anjuta-build-tutorial/index.html
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sébastien
>>
> Merci, Sébastien,
>
> I had already added a 'module' I called 'SIGC' with the sigc++-2.0
> package. When it comes to the second part when you say "Select the
> project manager pane" I see "hullo_world_cpp" and "/".
> "hullo_world_cpp" has "main.cc" inside it and its icon is a diamond
> with a red dot. If I right click "hullo_world_cpp" and select
> properties, I see the module and a check box. I checked the check box
> and did Project->Refresh.
>
> However when I try to compile the program it still produces that
> error. I checked /usr/include/sigc++-2.0 and it does include
> sigc++/sigc++.h.
>
> I'm completely confused! What am I missing?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

Sorry Sébastien, I mistakenly replied to you, and not the list.