[Anjuta-list] Building anjuta from source...

Hello,

I usually install Anjuta from repo of Ubuntu (Applications ->
Add/Remove...). This is the easiest and laziest way! But it's usually
not a latest version. Today I tried to build Anjuta from latest source
and encountered an old problem:

"Package requirements (vte >= 0.9.0) were not met:

No package 'vte' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables VTE_CFLAGS
and VTE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details."

But there's no vte package available for me to update my system first.
Therefore I don't know how to continue. I'm using Ubuntu 8.10
(64-bit).

Could you please show me the hint to pass this problem? I did
searching but found no good results. Thank you so much.

Best regards,