[Anjuta-list] how to create a shared library

Ok, so i am no noob but I am kinda having a tough time trying to create a shared library. I am using Anjuta 2.26.0.0.

My goal is to create a nautilus extension which is a .so file. I was trying code::Blocks, but I am somehow not liking its build and project structure.

Since Anjuta uses a standard auto-tools kinda system, I am very interested in having the best of both worlds.

I searched a lot on the net for this ... but I am not sure if there is a straightforward way to do it.

Also, in a lot of places, there is a mention of a "Settings" menu. Why do I not see it in my IDE?

- Bewildered