Re: [Anjuta-list] Getting Started

Hi Jeff,

mjrhodes columbus rr com a écrit :
I would like to learn C++ using Anjuta and  have it set up to work but
then a I try to start a program in the set up dialog I get a message
"Directory "/" is not empty.  When I go forward the directory fail to
set up.  I have been using Linux for a number of years but am still
relatively foggy about directory structure.

The project wizard will put your project in a default directory which is most of the time, not the one you want. So, most of the time, you have to create and select a new directory.

Typically, the project wizard propose to use a Project directory in your home directory while you want to use the directory Project/_your_project_name_ in your home directory.

According to the error message the project wizard is trying to use the root directory which doesn't work because you cannot write in them (and it's better).