[Anjuta-list] Exit application with loop?

sometimes it happens that I create an (example) application that ends in
a waiting loop without exit condition. In debug case I could kill it,
but in Run case there's no way to kill it. It's also not possible to
send a Ctrl-C in the terminal. So is there another way as killing it
from a second terminal?

Maybe it's possible to add a menu entry to send special characters
(like Ctrl-C) to the terminal. Should I file a feature request?