Re: [Anjuta-list] problem with anjuta

On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 01:05 +0100, giuseppe cinque wrote:
> I wrote a simple source code,in c language, it's the first time i use
> anjuta.
> After compiling,when i run the program, i cannot see it in the
> terminal...why?
> i use the command system("pause");  to make stop the terminal and see
> the program in execution, but doesn't work.....
> here i have attached the source code i wrote.
> Can you give me an advice about my question?

I don't think the code you provided in the email would even compile.
First of all, "main()" should be "int main()" or "void main()".

About the system(...) function: that function executes a command in the
operating system's shell. So in your example, system("pause") would
execute the command "pause" in the shell. However, no such command
exists in GNU/Linux. That is a Windows command, and it is not necessary
in Anjuta; anjuta will automatically pause after your program has
finished executing so that you can see the output.