Re: [Anjuta-list] Anjuta for AVR embedded development

Hi Danail!

> The basic two features I miss are at very first place the auto
> completion in respect to the avr header files. Those headers are in
> /usr/avr/include (like on the most distros). The avr-gcc compiler
> already knows the paths and compiles everything correct. But it seems
> that Anjuta isn't aware of that, and I haven't found a way to add it
> manually. In practice I mean the following situation: When I insert
> "#include <utils/delay.h>" in Eclipse I get auto completion when I
> start typing "_delay_ms();". And when I click on the function I see
> where it is included from. I guess this should be in the Symbols view
> in Anjuta, and I should be able to click on the function and to be
> refered to the delay.h file. This is an enormous advantage, especially
> for the auto completion of the avr registers, pins and other macros
> (#defines) in the avr include files - e.g. DDRB, PB4, TCCRA - one can
> never be sure if one hasn't mistyped something or if this register was
> preset on the target device, and it is a great help if this symbols
> are shown in the Symbols view or when clicking on them with the mouse
> (I don't know if this click-and-show behaviour is typical for Anjuta
> or only for Eclipse).

For the second, I would prefer an AVR plugin (and an avr project-wizard)
that allow things like flashing, etc. with some UI configuration.
Clicking on the targets opens their preferences but could be a bit
broken for the Makefile only backend.

I would really appreciate if someone would write an AVR plugin as I am
usually using AVR Studio on Windows for such work.