[Anjuta-list] Editor text rendering problem

Hello,

I have just installed anjuta 2.0.1 under linux.
The program runs and does not crash per-se.

There is, however, a problem with the editor
(Document view). The text in the document editing window
does not render properly:

I have posted an image at:

http://www3.telus.net/amphora/anjuta/index.html

When I try to select text the text dances and disappears.
If I try to move the cursor using the cursor keys on the keyboard
the text also dances and disappears depending on where in the
document the cursor is currently positioned.

Obviously I have something mismatched on my system.
Does anyone have any idea *what* would cause such
behavior?

Thanks for any information.

Peter