[Anjuta-list] .po files

Hi and I wish you a Happy new Year!!!!!!!

I'm making an attempt of internationalization in my gnome application.
I created my project with gettext support in Anjuta and Glade (I use it for the UI). I created a .po file called es_ES for Spanish of Spain and attached it to my project.

The file was created by copying the project.pot template and filling de msgstr strings. In the header, I use UTF-8 as charset (is this ok?). The thing is that when I make a configure, make and make install and launch the application..... it is still in english (the 'native' project language).

If I type locale charmap I get UTF-8... so I supose my app should show messages and labels in Spanish because all my system is in Spanish (In fact, I have not other languages installed).

What am I doing wrong??

Best Regards!!