Re: [Anjuta-list] Where to place code

Fernando Apesteguía ha scritto lo scorso 11/02/2006 13:25:
> I'm a bit confused, doesn't Glade use libglade? Do you mean I should
> create all the interface code by hand? And... if the code generated by
> Glade is deprecated... Why Anjuta uses Glade as GUI builder?

As Philipp already explained, you can use both autogenerated (by Glade)
C code and xml files; even if code autogeneration is from a long time
deprecated (and probably will be exclude from Glade 3.0) there have been
a lot of flame wars on gtk-app-devel list between autogenerated code
fans and xml description files addicted (I belong to 1st group ;-) ).
For the sake of completeness, code autogeneration feature should be
excluded from Glade and become a stand alone app (so feel free to choose
all pure C code application against xml parsed ones).

And now let's go back to your original question; Glade generates 4
source files and 3 include ones; interface.* and support.* are intended
not to be modified, so Glade will overwrite them at every code
generation request. main.c and callbacks.* instead are simply appended,
thus saving all your work; you can choose the callback event at which
your app should fill the treemodel with data and then put your code into
that callback (of course, you can also choose to group your callbacks
into different source files - Glade will not interfere with your choices).

Cheers,
Carlo