[Anjuta-list] modify makefile to copy custom images

Hello,
I have written a small programm that uses custom images that are now loceted under src/pics.
I would like them to be installed under /usr/share/pixmaps/"myprogramm"/.
How do I have to modify the Makefile.am to get this done?

I changed in the Makefile.in install section to this,
but I have the feelings its the wrong way

install: install-recursive
        cp -r src/pics/* /usr/share/pixmaps/"myprogramm"/

thank you for your help

rupertt