[Anjuta-list] Re: Anjuta-list digest, Vol 1 #681 - 2 msgs

> Message: 1
> From: Chris Morrison <chris-morrison rassalom-technology co uk>
> To: anjuta-list lists sourceforge net
> Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:46:21 +0000
> Subject: [Anjuta-list] Anjuta under Fedora Core 3 x86_64
>
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone succeeded in in running Anjuta under Fedora Core (or indeed
> any Linux distribution) for x86_64?
>
> I have just downloaded the x86_64 RPM from freshrpms.net and installed
> it on my AMD64 Laptop. It installed OK but it will not run, the splash
> screen appears and then it just freezes there.
>
> I've tried compiling the sources but configure complains about a load of
> missing libraries that I know are installed on my machine, even when I
> tweak the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable.
>

> Regards,
>

> Chris

YES, I've been able to build and execute the tutorial included with
Anjuta.  I have not gotten much farther than that, but it does work and
compile and execute.  I'm running FC3 and installed everything (after
base install) by Synaptic.

When testing for this letter just now, I tried also creating a terminal
"hello world" program, but makefile generation failed on automake.
Exact error:
"configure.in:107: required file 'intl/Makefile.in' not found"
"Makefile.am:6: required directory ./intl does not exist"

Good luck,

p.s. is there anything more in the way of a "newbie" guide for Anjuta
and Gnome than the little tutorial?  That didn't cover much other than
showing that Anjuta works.

Thanks, DD