[Anjuta-list] I am getting frustrated

I have purchased a computer that I wanted to write a C++ program.  Seven
years ago I took a programming class.  The text laid out a set of files
to include at the beginning of the program.  When I took the class I
used the Microsoft and the Borland compilers.  Both of these companies
recognized when I typed in the phrase # include <iostream.h>.

I have tried to type that into a simple program and your system will not
accept that command nor does it recognize the commands associated such
as cout and endl.  I find it difficult to move ahead on my learning if
such basics are at odds with your system.

Do you provide responses or do I need to try another compiler?