From: Iago Rubio < iago iagorubio com>
Date: 12-dic-2005 17:19
Subject: Re: Custom icons
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 18:57 +0100, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> Its likely the path to your icons isn't right. If your using the glade
> auto generated c code check the interfaces.c file for a line like
> this....
>
> image1 = create_pixmap (window1, "project1/blah.png");
>
> I have the line:
>
> img_cpu = create_pixmap (window1, "lkmonitor/gnome-ccperiph.png");
[snip]
> I did:
> ./configure --prefix=/home/fernape/prueba
>
> and copied png files into bin directory with the executable file but still
> no enjoy.
>
> More ideas?

You're using the C generated files, that include a function
add_pixmap_directory() that adds one directory to the pixmaps' search
path.

Try writting,
add_pixmap_directory(PACKAGE_DATA_DIR "/" PACKAGE "/pixmaps");

Then install your pixmaps in PACKAGE_DATA_DIR "/" PACKAGE and everything
should work - once the package is installed.

You may add to your top level Makefile.am something like:

install-data-local:
if test -d $(srcdir)/pixmaps; then \
  $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(pkgdatadir)/pixmaps; \
  for pixmap in $(srcdir)/pixmaps/*; do \
    if test -f $$pixmap; then \
      $(INSTALL_DATA) $$pixmap $(DESTDIR)$(pkgdatadir)/pixmaps; \
    fi \
   done \
fi

dist-hook:
if test -d pixmaps; then \
  mkdir $(distdir)/pixmaps; \
  for pixmap in pixmaps/*; do \
    if test -f $$pixmap; then \
      cp -p $$pixmap $(distdir)/pixmaps; \
    fi \
  done \
fi

If you want to add the pixmap directory on the development directory, so
you don't need to install the pixmaps when testing, add it with
add_pixmap_directory as well.

add_pixmap_directory(PACKAGE_DATA_DIR "/" PACKAGE "/pixmaps");
add_pixmap_directory('/home/user/Project/project1/pixmaps/');

You can add as many as you want, but a better solution may be to try
gdk-pixbuf-csource and get rid of pixmap images.

Try `man gdk-pixbuf-csource`.
--
Iago Rubio