Re: [Anjuta-list] newbie question to make gui's with gtkmm

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 22:35, Nicolas Mommaerts wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to Gui development on Linux. I finally got Anjuta working (on my
> Gentoo, RH is another story). I'd like to program using gtkmm, I started
> a new project, all fine, than I changed the gui in Glade, by calling
> glade from within anjuta. But the changes aren't propagated back to the
> code? When I start a regular gtk project the layout of the project is
> totally different and changes in glade appear in the code. In the C++
> code, there doesn't even seem to be a link with the glade file, it isn't
> called anywhere. I've searched the documenation of anjuta but didn't
> find anything that could help me further. Can anybody put me on the
> right track?

The best direction I can point you in, is to stay away from code
generation in Glade whatsoever.  It will frustrate the begeezus out of
you.  That has been my experience anyway.  libglade and libglademm
however, are very nice, and I highly recommend them.  Actually I can't
really speak about libglademm from experience, but if c++ is your cup of
tea, its probably worth a shot.

libglademm section of gtkmm docs:
	http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/tutorial/html/ch19.html

libglade in general: