[Anjuta-list] Cannot execute command: "make"

I've just installed Anjuta 1.2.2 on a PPC Debian machine using apt-get. I've created the obvious 'Hello World' C project to make sure everything is working. The Autogen stage of the build works but when I select 'Build' or 'Build all' I see the error 'Cannot execute command: "make"'. I see similar errors trying to do a 'Clean' or 'Clean All'.

Searching the Debian PPC mailing list archives I see where somebody else has reported the same problem. Perhaps there's something wrong with the Debian package.

Any advice would be appreciated.