RE: [Anjuta-list] libstdc++ link time reference

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 19:03 +0000, Johnny Tightnuts wrote:
> The error above showed that my libstdc++ library did not
> like my glibc version, which is not 3.4 but rather 3.3, the
> common version for Mandrake 10.0.  However, I was able to
> get the older version of Anjuta (anjuta-1.2.1-1mdk) to install
> and actually run. Yeah! Now its time for some test programs.

Ahhh, the joys of RPM.  I don't miss them one bit.  ;)

> Anyone know if there is a "manual" on Anjuta or Glade? I've
> found plenty of examples, but having run time library with all
> the objects defined and their uses would be hella sweet.

Do you have 'devhelp' installed?
( http://www.imendio.com/projects/devhelp/ )  It's a documentation
browser, so you can find your API docs in a nice central location.  I
think Anjuta's default keybinding to launch devhelp is Shift-F1.

Having some familiarity with what GTK widgets are available will help
you in designing with Glade.  Have you looked for some small GTK
programming tutorials?

This is a good one, though somewhat outdated now.  It should be a very
good resource for you:
http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/

And of course the docs at the Gnome site:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/

Although most of the API docs there should be available to you in
devhelp.  There are some guides, tutorials, and examples there though.

Good Luck, hope this helps.

--
Curtis Magyar