[Anjuta-list] A basic problem with Anjuta 1.2.0?

I've just installed Fedora Core 1 on my machine and want to start programming for Linux at last. I installed anjuta 1.2.0 from a FreshRPMs package. Installed fine so I started it up and wanted to create a simple project (generic/terminal - just wanted to write a "Hello, World!" or something)
using the wizard but after some processing it failed saying:

>> cannot find input file "Makefile.in" <<

Now each time I try to do the same (create a terminal project with the wizard), it exits earlier saying:

>> ./autogen.sh: line 122: ./configure: No such file or directory <<

(actually the second message is in Polish)
I believe it's a simple problem, and I must be doing something wrong (or just not doing something that I should), but what is it? I thought the wizard should create everything from beginning to end.
Thanks in advance for any help,

Lukasz