[Anjuta-list] (Hopefully) Final release candidate for 1.0.2

All

I've uploaded the (hopefully) final release candidate tarball, SRPM and
RH8 RPMs to http://www.anjuta.org/biswapesh/. Please upgrade gnome-print
to 0.37 (present in the same directory), else you'll get printing
crashes.

Unless major issues crop up, this will be 1.0.2 final. Furthermore,
unless significant issues arise after the release, this is likely to be
the final release for GNOME 1.x platform, since, I believe:
	1. Everyone and his dog has migrated to GNOME2.x
	2. HEAD is in pretty good shape and likely to have an alpha release
soon.
	3. I want to hack on new things - not maintain a dead branch.

Things to test are:
	1. Compiling and running on as many platforms as possible.
	2. Bugs in 'Advanced Search Replace' which is the only major addition
in this release.
	3. Random crasher/blocker/major bugs.
	4. Running on GNOME2 and GNOME1 desktops to see whether it interpolates
correctly and obeys user preferences.
	5. Your favourite features.

I'll be discussing future plans with Naba and we will be posting a
roadmap soon (probably with the GNOME2 alpha release). Talking about
which, HEAD is in almost-releasable state (apart from the message
manager which is still using CList and is hence pretty slow). It could
do with some testing love/patches. The sooner we get HEAD in a
releasable state, the quicker we can get back to doing major new
developments/cleanups. So, even if you're not the adventurous type, I
think you can safely play with HEAD and send us your bug reports. The
only caveat is that you'll need a pretty up-to-date GNOME2 installtion
(RH 8 is not suffifient). jhbuild is your friend and it has a module for
anjuta.

--
Biswa.