Re: [Anjuta-list] Debugging Question

> Built a rather medium size Gtk2.0 project.  Having trouble debugging.
> Keep getting the message - ERROR: "name of program" not in executable
> format: File format not recognized.
>
> Program executes find inside the environment under the Build menu.
>  Tried many different options to correct.  Ran out of options.  Any
> suggestions?

You might be using libtool. In this case, the actual program will be a
shell script which fires the real executable in the '.libs' directory.
We probably need to add the needed intelligence to the anjuta debugger
so that it checks <exe name> and if that is not an ELF executable (easy
to do using VFS/file command), then checks <dir>/.libs/<exe name>
instead.

It might also be a good idea to allow user to change the executable name
when starting the debugger.

Anybody willing to come up with a patch for this ? Should be simple
enough I guess.

Rgds,
Biswa.