[Anjuta-list] it's impossible for anjuta(gnome2) to work on Solaris 8

Hi all,
I'd really love to use anjuta on Solaris8 (kdevelop is very unstable right now :-()
I struggled to make latest aunjuta (1.1.97) to compile on solaris 8 sparc.
It complained for libvte, so I downloaded and installed it.
But after I launch anjuta, I allways have: FATAL no Xft font found.
After investigations, I realized that it's caused by a segementation fault in the vte part. Even the vte binary crashes when launched and according to Sun, it's because the RENDER option of Xlib doesn't exist on Solaris8 and it s not planned in a short term. So would it be possible to have the vte(antialiasing) part deactivated by an ifdef, cause it's a pitty that anjuta cannot work at all if antialiasing is not working, this feature is only a gadget and should not block all the developers that do not care that much on anti aliasing. Furthermore, it was already the case before with the zvt library, so for example it would be nice to have a configure flag with --enable-zvt (or --disable-vte).

I'm waiting for your replies,
thanks,
Michael.