Re: [Anjuta-list] Linking

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Michael Galloway wrote:

> Well, on my RH 9 box, I have libtool located in /usr/bin/libtool as well
> as /usr/share/libtool  I have not had any problems with Anjuta not
> finding it.  Do you have it located in the "share" folder as well?

I have partially repaired the problem by editing the Makefile in my Project/src
and altering
# LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool

LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) /usr/bin/libtool

However why it should be looking for libtool in 'top_builddir' beats me for
'top_builddir' is, in the top of said Makefile, set to ../ and therefore make
attempts to execute ../libtool which does not exist.
Another way of doing this, of course, is to soft link /usr/bin/libtool to
../libtool but this still does not tell me why 'top_builddir' is used to try and
find libtool.

---

Regards,
Alf Stockton	www.stockton.co.za