[Anjuta-list] Re: [Glade-users] Glade rewritting source files question

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 17:03, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> In Glade, when you save the project and "build" the source, it adds to
> the interface.c and callbacks.c files. If I create a window with some
> widgets, build the tree and later go back and rename a couple widgets
> instead of using the generic widget1 type names and then save and build,
> Glad once again *adds* to the interface.c and callbacks.c files. It
> would be really nice if Glade renamed the appropriate routines in those
> files.
>
> I don't know how doable this is, but it would be nice. Then I don't have
> to delete signal code and interface code out of these files all the
> time. It's really kind of annoying.

I've thought of an easy way to do this, so I may have a go at implementing it.

When you click the 'Update' button to update a signal handler name, it
would check if callbacks.c exists and if so it would pop up a dialog
asking if you want to rename the function there.

If you choose "Rename" it would scan the file looking for the old signal
handler name at the start of any line and replace it if found.

How does that sound?
I think it would be pretty reliable and fairly easy to do.

(Of course people will then ask for Glade to rename all signal handlers
automatically when the widget name is changed! That would also be
possible.)

Damon