[Anjuta-list] Re: [Glade-users] Glade rewritting source files question

> In Glade, when you save the project and "build" the source, it adds to
> the interface.c and callbacks.c files. If I create a window with some
> widgets, build the tree and later go back and rename a couple widgets
> instead of using the generic widget1 type names and then save and build,
> Glad once again *adds* to the interface.c and callbacks.c files. It
> would be really nice if Glade renamed the appropriate routines in those
> files.

> I don't know how doable this is, but it would be nice. Then I don't have
> to delete signal code and interface code out of these files all the
> time. It's really kind of annoying.

I hope most would agree with me that this is a tough feature to implement.
Also, making any changes to the callbacks.c/callbacks.h through glade can be
dangerous if this feature is not well implemented. This would involve
scanning through these files for the previous callback func and subsequently
replace that with the new one. My instinct tells me that having this feature
might unstabalise Glade. Just consider an example. Suppose i create a
button_clicked callback function through glade. By default, it's parameters
would be (GtkButton *button, void *user_data). In case you change them
manually (to say, on_button1_clicked(GtkWidget *, gchar *);), what's Glade
supposed to do when you rename the button and rebuild the source??

Regds,
Ishan