[Anjuta-list] Building a project

Hi,

I have just started using anjuta so I apologise if this is a dumb
question, but I have tried reading through mailing list archive first.

How do I build a project?

Do I need to create any files outside anjuta?

At the moment I have removed my Makefile for the code and when I try Build
All I get is an error saying "No targets specified and no makefile found".

I have tried running `configure' first and I get an error "Project does
not have an executable configure script. Auto Generate the project First".

If I try to Auto Generate the project I get a message unable to
auto generate. check settings->commands.

All I have done is import my existing source files as a new project using
the wizard. These consist of some source files and a sub directory with
the remaining source files.

I am using Anjuta 1.9.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Pete.

P.S. Looks like it will be a great tool when I get to grips with it.