Re: [Anjuta-list] project compatibility

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 02:11, Naba Kumar wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 22:28, Nicolas Laplante wrote:
> > Hi, I've been using Anjuta for quite some time now. For the moment I'm
> > using 0.1.9. I know that the CVS version is much more advanced but I
> > can't build it for some reasons.
>
> Could you please let us know what the problem is? We could be able to
> give you directions to make it work.

Here's the output of autogen.sh running on Slackware 8.1:

nlaplan madtux:anjuta$ autogen.sh
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
deletefiles is  macros/gnome-gettext.m4
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file ABOUT-NLS
Copying file config.rpath
Not copying intl/ directory.
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in
Copying file po/Makevars.template
Copying file po/Rules-quot
Copying file po/boldquot.sed
Copying file po/en boldquot header
Copying file po/en quot header
Copying file po/insert-header.sin
Copying file po/quot.sed
Copying file po/remove-potcdate.sin
Adding an entry to po/ChangeLog (backup is in po/ChangeLog~)
Creating directory m4
Copying file m4/codeset.m4
Copying file m4/gettext.m4
Copying file m4/glibc21.m4
Copying file m4/iconv.m4
Copying file m4/isc-posix.m4
Copying file m4/lcmessage.m4
Copying file m4/lib-ld.m4
Copying file m4/lib-link.m4
Copying file m4/lib-prefix.m4
Copying file m4/progtest.m4
Creating m4/Makefile.am
Creating m4/ChangeLog
Updating Makefile.am (backup is in Makefile.am~)
Updating configure.in (backup is in configure.in~)
Adding an entry to ChangeLog (backup is in ChangeLog~)

Please use AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external]) in order to cause
autoconfiguration
to look for an external libintl.

Please create po/Makevars from the template in po/Makevars.template.
You can then remove po/Makevars.template.

Please run 'automake m4/Makefile' to create m4/Makefile.in

Please run 'aclocal -I m4' to regenerate the aclocal.m4 file.
You need aclocal from GNU automake 1.5 (or newer) to do this.
Then run 'autoconf' to regenerate the configure file.

You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

You might also want to copy the convenience header file gettext.h
from the /usr/share/gettext directory into your package.
It is a wrapper around <libintl.h> that implements the configure
--disable-nls
option.

Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running xml-i18n-toolize...
patching file po/Makefile.in.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 34.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 86.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 171.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file po/Makefile.in.in.rej
Running libtoolize...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
Running autoheader...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:8: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
m4_bpatsubst
configure.in:422: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or
m4_bregexp
autoheader: `config.h.in' is created
Running automake --gnu  ...
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
Makefile.am:8: required directory ./intl does not exist
automake: configure.in: installing `./depcomp'
**Error**: automake failed.
nlaplan madtux:anjuta$

> > My question goes like this:
> >
> > Will a project created with 0.1.9 be useable with future versions of
> > Anjuta?
> >
> Yes, it will be.
>
> > I plan to request a CVS repository deletion on sf.net for my project
> > because I migrated to an Anjuta-managed source tree. I would like to
> > know if it's worth the trouble.
>
> You can still use your existing CVS tree with anjuta. I do not see any
> reason for destroying your cvs repository while using anjuta for your
> project. For manupulating cvs directly through anjuta, you will have to
> get the current cvs anjuta.

Yes I could easily import the project tree in Anjuta, but the symbol
browser wouldn't show any classes.
This is on Anjuta 0.1.9.

> --
> Regards,