Re: [Anjuta-list] Error with compilation...

anjuta-list-admin lists sourceforge net wrote:
Do a 'locate libzvt.so' to see if you have the ZVT library. If you do, then add a '-lzvt' to the LDADD or LDFLAGS variable in src/Makefile.am and see if that works.

Rgds,
Biswa.

Hi!

I downloaded Anjuta-0.1.9 and configured and ran make. The configure script
passed on allright, so did the compilation. But the linking part was worse.
I got a
lot of output, too much to paste here. But mainly it was lines like these:
message-manager-private.o: In function
`TerminalWindow::TerminalWindow(_AnjutaMessageManager *, int,
basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>, __default_alloc_template<true,
0>
, basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>,
__default_alloc_template<true,
0> >)':
/f/anjuta-0.1.9/src/message-manager-private.cc:322: undefined reference to
`zvt_term_new'
/f/anjuta-0.1.9/src/message-manager-private.cc:323: undefined reference to
`zvt_term_get_type'
/f/anjuta-0.1.9/src/message-manager-private.cc:323: undefined reference to
`zvt_term_set_font_name'

I had never heard of zvt, and since I run debian I looked for zvt in the
package
data-base, and found  libzvt-dev and libzvt2-dev, which I downloaded and
installed. I also ran ldconfig and tried to link again. I have the
following files
(amongst others):

/usr/lib/libzvt.so.2
/usr/lib/libzvt.so.2.2.10

Then I looked through the README once again, and looked extra carefully in
the REQUIREMENTS section, and soon I found out that I had everything that
was required. So, what do I really need to run anjuta? I  used the Anjuta
version
that was available from apt-get, but someone I wanted the latest version.
So,
what should I do? What's missing?

Thank you in advance!
--