[Anjuta-list] Minimalist Project?

Probably a dumb question, but here goes....

For a particular project, I would like to maintain my own makefiles and
just use Anjuta for editing code, triggering my makefile, and debugging.
Basically, I want to  create a really small, minimalist project
containing only the source files, and stay away from all the automake and
other stuff which is nice and all, but not necessary in this case.

Given that, how feasible is it to use Anjuta?  I know I might be fighting
some basic Anjuta design assumptions.

-Roy