Re: [Anjuta-list] an entry box for make target?

Naba Kumar wrote:
On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 01:52, Vadim Berezniker wrote:

I'm working on a project where I have to switch between different make targets pretty often. To accomplish this, I use the Terminal tab and depending on my current need, I use the appropriate make command.
The problem with this is that I have to lookup error lines by myself, etc.

The current anjuta cvs (http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/cvs/)has support
to (double) click on the compile errors/warnings in the terminal for
navigation. I hope you will find it useful.

I know.

The tarballs from /cvs/ are from the 'anjuta' module, correct?

My thought was that if a textbox for make target was added to the toolbar, then this wouldn't be a problem.
It would function like the textbox for entering the line-number.
You enter text, press enter, and it does it thing and outputs in the message window. The good thing is that since the textbox retains the text, I can easily repeat the make step for the same target as many times as I want. (Maybe a drop-down would be more appropriate so that you could be able to select past make targets)

Yes, that's a good idea. We can simply have one more menu item in the
Build menu, say "Make target". When the user clicks it, it will pop up a
dialog box prompting for the target name and the rest is same.

But it goes after the release.

Having to go the extra step every time I want to build a target is too much. Anther option is to have a menu 'Make Target' and 'Make Last Target'. 'Make Last Target' should automatically start make without asking you for the target.