Re: [Anjuta-list] preprocessor

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 10:03, anjuta-list-admin lists sourceforge net
wrote:

> I hope this is the right list to ask this.
> I am making a small program with gtk, that uses postgreSQL.
> I thought of doing it with its embedded sql implementation ecpg.
> ecpg preprocess a .pgc file (which is c)  name.pgc and outputs name.c
>
> How can i add both, name.pgc and name.c to a project, but tell it that .pgc
> files
> must only be preprocessed with epgc, and not compiled with gcc? (also,
> before anyother file)

Well, I faced a similar situation (using PRO *C - the Oracle
pre-compiler) and my solution was not to add the .c file to the project
at all, but just the .pc file (equivalent to the .pgc probably). Then
simply add a rule in Makefile.am like so:
.pc.c:
	proc <Options>....

This should do the trick. (I'm assuming here that you're using
autoconf/automake, the basic idea should remain the same anyway.

Rgds,
Biswa.