Re: [Anjuta-list] Problems compiling

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 00:48:28 -0500
Vadim Berezniker <vadim berezniker com> wrote:

> John Kennison wrote:
> > I tried to compile Anjuta last night (non-cvs), and recieved the
> > following error:
> >
> >  "/usr/i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -laudiofile"
> >
> >  I am running slackware-8.0, and I have all the requirements listed
> >  on the webpage. I have recieved this error several times, what is
> >  the cause and how do I correct it?
> >

> Hmm ... I thought this was supposed to be common knowledge amongst
> *NIX users?
> The linker is telling you that it can't find the 'audiofile' library.
> You can get it on ftp.gnome.org under /pub/GNOME
>
> If it says can't find -lBLAH you can usually search for BLAH on google
> and find it. If not, you may check the package list of the producer of
> your distribution.

Thankyou for the reply, I had suspected this but due to a lack of sleep
over the past week managed to miss the "audiofile" library under the listing of packages available in my distribution.

I've now managed to get Anjuta configured, maked, and installed properly

Thankyou

John Kennison
Student (Bachelor of Business Information Systems)