Re: [Anjuta-list] Re: [Anjuta-devel] Search/Replace Misses First Match

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 21:20, Roy Wood wrote:
> >I think that's my fault. I (incorrectly) assumed that most people will
> >prefer to search from the top *by default*. Therefore, I have made the
> >default to "search from top" rather than "search from cursor". We can
> >change the default in next release (not 0.1.9).
>
> Cool.
>
> Note though that as far as searching goes, I want to be able to match on
> the currently-selected text, which is currently not possible.  All the
> subsequent matches are found properly, but anjuta skips over the
> currently-selected text.  :-(

Although we can have a work around for this, this can easily be solved
by selecting the text backward, i.e. drag select from last char to the
first. :)

DISCLAIMER: I haven't tried it, though.

> And as for my other suggestion, it would be sufficient to just have a
> menu option to "Enter Find String" which would take the
> currently-selected text and enter that as the search target.  That should
> be quite simple, no?

I think that is do by default. If there is any text selected, it is
automatically entered in the search target when the search is activated.

> -Roy

-naba

A debugged program is one for which you have not yet found the
conditions
that make it fail.
		-- Jerry Ogdin