Re: [Anjuta-list] CVS/Subversion

* Biswapesh Chattopadhyay (biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in) wrote:

> > There's been some talk about further CVS capabilities added to Anjuta.
> > Have you also thought about interfacing with Subversion
> > <http://subversion.tigris.org/>, the replacement for CVS?
>
> Yes - this CVS hardcoding has been bothering me a bit as well, since
> more and more people seem to be getting interested in alternative
> version control systems. However, before hardcoding support for yet
> another VCS, we need to carefully design generic support for version
> control. One of these days, I'll write some requirements docs for it.
> Unfortunately, I'm too busy with other things these days, so if someone
> else can do the work, I'd be really grateful. Would you be willing to
> give it a go ?

As an experienced Technical Writer (Worked for Metrowerks for 6 years,
have chapters published for Linux Firewalls, 2nd Edition, and other
Linux books, writing for O'Reillynet) yes I'd be willing to give it a
go.

> Once you are satisfied with your work, post it on the devel ML for
> comments/refinements.

Look for something near the end of this month, beginning of the new
year.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing duckwing ca