Re: [Anjuta-list] Turning off auto-complete

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 10:52, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:

> > How do I switch off the auto-complete (is that the name of the drop-down
> > box that appears under words as I type)? I can see some related options
> > in the user.properties file but none that seem to turn it off.
>
> Have you tried setting autocompleteword.automatic to a large value (say
> 25) in $prefix/share/anjuta/properties/anjuta.poroperties ?

Set the value to 0, to disable it.

> > Darren
> >
> > P.S. For future upgrades, some way to update the user.properties file
> > would be nice (I just deleted my old one to get a default file and
> > noticed some i18n entries in there now - I'll study them later but it
> > might answer my previous question).
>
> You don't need to delete your old one. New properties should be
> available automatically I guess.

Unfortunately, anjuta can't delete the file straight away and replace it
with the newer one (what if the user has a whole bunch of properties
there?). So for the time being there is no 'automatic' way to update it,
unless it is deleted implicitly (in which case it's created again).

-Naba

Ma Bell is a mean mother!