[Anjuta-list] Using Japanese
- From: Darren Cook <darren dcook org>
- To: anjuta-list lists sourceforge net
- Subject: [Anjuta-list] Using Japanese
- Date: Wed Dec 18 17:21:03 2002
Is anyone here using Japanese? I've upgraded to anjuta.1.0.1 RH8 RPM,
and also installed the English docs and the i18n RPMs, but I have two
1. When I paste in Japanese it appears as european characters. I've
selected a font (Lucida Typewriter) that says it is 2-byte.
2. I can start the IME but:
a) The input box is hidden under the tabs at the top of the edit
b) when I press return no text appears in the file I'm editing.
I have LC_CTYPE=ja_JP, LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and LC_ALL undefined which works
fine for Japanese input and reading in mozilla and gedit.
If I set LANG and LC_ALL both to ja_JP I get menus in Japanese (which I
don't want!) but the above two problems are unchanged.
P.S. this isn't an upgrade problem - it didn't work in 1.0 either.
] [Thread Prev