[Anjuta-list] Help setting up GTK_CONFIG_PKG

In my Debian Linux I have installed, via 'apt-get', gtk1.2. Now I like to install 'gtkmm' from source code, but './configure' gives me the following message:

checking for sig++-1.2 was not found in the pkg-config search path
Perhaps you should add the directory containing 'sigc++-1.2.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.

The thing, though, is that I did installed version 1.0.3, which is the only version availible at
ftp://ftp.dit.upm.es/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/libsigc++/
This is the location where I installed this program:

/usr/share/aclocal/sigc++.m4
/usr/lib/sigc++
/usr/lib/sigc++/include/sigc++config.h
/usr/include/sigc++

Now, my questions are: Is this version of sigc++ OK? if not, where do I get the correct version? Also, I have tryed, to the best of my knowledge, this varialbe to the '.profile' but it is not doing the trick. In the hope that someone here might be able to help me I have attanched a copy of this file. Please do have a look at it.

TIA