[Anjuta-list] Re: Dutch translation anjuta.pot

On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 21:42, Marc Botermans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The process of translating into Dutch has been done and went reasonably
> well. Since there was no way for me to test it ( I've installed the
> latest anjuta binary RPM on my system) I keep my fingers crossed. Please
> feel free to contact me in case of problems caused by this contribution.
> I'd also appreciate any feedback regarding the translations.
You can test it with msgfmt du.po which compiles the catalog to du.gmo,
you only rename & copy it in
${prefix}/share/locale/du/LC_MESSAGES/anjuta.mo. Then if your locale is
correctly set (export LANG="du_DU" with [ba]sh and setenv LANG "du_DU"
with [t]csh), you can run Anjuta to test :)

Really thanks for this, but I wonder how you made it in such a few time
! I anyway fixed some errors (if you've got ascii escape in msgid, it
must be in msgstr too, for example if there's a \n ending a line, it
must be in the translated one too). Between, do you know the iso
standard code for your country ? I need this before commiting your
translation.

> Furthermore, I'd like to sign up for some more translational work into
> Dutch on manuals and stuff. That is, if there are people who would
> benefit from this of course. I prefer not to translate lengthy
> documents, but I could put in a couple of hours a month for this.
I cc: this to the anjuta/devel lists for you to have feedback.

> Keep up the good work and have fun doing it all...
Thanks for your support !

--Stef