[Anjuta-list] Large Project support

I added this feature request to Sourceforge
Tracker.

It seems to be that Anjuta only supports small projects that work in
single source directory.

I could live with single project (workspace) in anjuta. All I would need
is that:

- Nesting folders to Anjuta project manager
- Ability to import multiple files at time (one directory is fine)
- Anjuta wouldn't care too much where the file actually is
  as I want to keep my hieararchical source tree
- Ability to place the project file anywhere would be fine too

This is my case: My project is sort of large, total lines of code now
around 35000. I have split the source to several subdirectories, plus some
source files in root source directory.

I have written my own ./configure.in and Makefile.in -files. There is only
one makefile in the root source directory. I do not use (or like!)
recursive Makefiles. My Makefile(.in) builds a static library from
sourcefiles in each subdirectory, named by the subdirectory, and builds
executable from the root source directory, linking with static libraries,
and some external libraries.

Anjuta does not seem to be able to handle multiple projects (targets) in
the same workspace. The workspace is the project, and that is a single
one.

VisualC has concept of workspace, in addition to projects. Workspace may
contain several projects, but only one of the projects is active project.
That only affects what happens when you build though; All projects are
browsable and editable. Projects also have dependencies for other
projects. My projects VisualC workspace has static library project for
each subdirectory and executable project, which is dependent on all static
library projects.

Neither does anjuta support project folders? In VisualC, I can add folders
to projects. Folders have nothing to do with subdirectories. They are
there simple to help arranging files of the project. You can place files
from anywhere in the filesystem to any folder in any project.

I tried adding my files to anjuta project. I noticed that anjuta does not
let me specify where the project file is created? I want to place the
project file where I want. Adding files to project seems to happen one by
one. I am not going to Project -> Import file for hundreds of times?!
Also, anjuta complains that the file does not exist in the current
module directory. No, it does not, because my project directory is
hierarchical.

BTW, where can I read about / change shortcut keys?

-- Timo Suoranta -- tksuoran cc helsinki fi --