Re: [Anjuta-list] future of scite/scintilla in anjuta

On 2001.12.20 18:51 Matthew Kennedy wrote:
> Will Scintilla/SciTE be used within the Ajunta as the text editor for
> the foreseeable future? I've hacked at Scintilla to get my emacs-style
> keybindings and what I did was a success, but I'd like know if this
> editor widget is a long term part of Anjuta before I spend time hacking
> out something more elegant/permanent/maintainable.

It's going to be the permanent editor in the 1.x series. I believe that Anjuta2 is expected to accept "plugin" editors so that users could use the gtkvim Bonobo component - I expect it will depend on whether SciTE/Scintilla becomes suitably Bonoboized.

If you're interested in hacking on the 1.x current source tree, I'd be happy to receive your efforts, but you should probably read the HACKING file and look at the Anjuta source tree to see how Scintilla has been integrated - parts of SciTE have been combined with the main stuff, it doesn't exactly match the Scintilla sources.

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy piper freeuk com - ICQ #86489434