Re: [Anjuta-list] Is it possible to "import" a project into anjuta?

--- Andy Piper <andy piper freeuk com> wrote:
> On 2001.12.17 11:28 Goedson Teixeira Paixao wrote:
> > 	Is it possible to "import" a project into anjuta? For example, I
> wanto
> > to edit "anjuta" inside anjuta but it doesn't have a .prj file.
> Would it
> > be possible to create a .prj file by importing the project?
>
> There used to be one, so if you can find the right revision you
> will probably be able to extract it from CVS before it was removed
> - although Anjuta has changed so much since then that it would be
> very out of date.
>
> We removed it I think because Naba advised that we should not be
> using Anjuta to edit Anjuta... but it seems pretty stable now.

It is not about stability. Rather it is about overwriting the
Makefiles with what anjuta generates. The makefiles are pretty
different from what anjuta generates, so naturally, we should not be
overwriting them.

If anybody is interested in developing anjuta with anjuta, one should
make sure that it disables Makefiles/configures generations and make
sure they are not commited into cvs. That would be really deadly.

Regards,
-Naba